Welcome to TrailersForSale.net.au!
We have trailers of all shapes and sizes, from box, boat and camping, to horse floats and caravans!
- eBay listings for new and used trailers for sale in your local area.
- Safety Tips on Connecting and Towing trailers.
- Information and Reviews on the different types of trailers, and what to look out for when buying.
So why buy from us?
eBay always has the lowest price for both new and used trailers, every time! If you are looking for a brand new trailer for sale you can also buy direct from a wholesaler on eBay.
We have also taken the hard work out of finding local listings for you. This means that you can shop for trailers for sale in your local area, and you won't be too far away from where you need to pick it up!
Listings are organised by location, and you can use the menu bar on the left to browse through the catalogue.
6x4 Deluxe Box Trailer And Frame With A Canvas Top
Box Tradesman Camper Trailer
7x4 H D High Side Checker Box Trailer With Gal Mesh Cage Leds Jockey Spare
Buying a second hand trailer
If you are thinking about buying a trailer, whether it is to transport a boat, horse or any large household items, one great way to save money is to buy second hand. Second hand trailers are a fraction of the cost of buying new, and if you know what to look for you can get a really high-quality trailer that should last you for many years to come. In this article we will take a look at horse and boat trailers, and what to look out for when buying them used.
If you own a horse, having a good quality horse float is essential. Even if you don’t plan on going to many horseshows or trail rides, it’s important that you have some way of transporting your horse in the case of an emergency. Buying a used trailer is great for saving money, but it is vital that you spend time ensuring the trailer is safe and has no defects. Here is a quick checklist to keep in mind when shopping for a used horse float:
- Look underneath the floor mats for any rot, cracks or metal fatigue. It’s important to look at the floor as well as the ramp near the hinges.
- Check to see that the metal chassis is not rusted and is in good condition as this is the foundation for the rest of the trailer.
- Check the foundation. If the trailer is leaning more to one side, it could be a problem with the suspension.
- Try raising and lowering the horse trailer using the jockey wheel to ensure it works well and check the connecting cables.
- Test the hand brake to ensure it will engage, and see if you can test drive the trailer to make sure it stops when the truck brakes.
- Look over the lights to make sure they are all working correctly, including the brake lights, indicator lights and internal lights.
- Check that the doors close easily and fasten securely.
- Check to see that the tyres are in good condition with even tread wear and that a spare tyre is included.
As with a horse float, when buying a used boat trailer it’s important that you carefully inspect the product before buying so you are sure your boat will be transported safely. Here are some points to go over when shopping around:
- Check the chassis for any rust or visible damage.
- Look at the condition of the U-bolts, nut studs and axle.
- If there is a brake and handbrake, check that they are in good working order.
- Ensure wheel bearings are quiet when running.
- Look at the tyre condition for wear and tear.
- Check that the winch operates smoothly and the cable or strap is in good condition.
- The hitch should locate safely and securely.
- Ensure your trailer is big enough for the boat. You never want to buy a trailer that is at the weight or length limit of your boat.